The safety and well-being of our patients, physicians, nurses and other team members is our top priority. At Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute (FCS), we are continuing our efforts to safeguard the health and safety of our patients, physicians and staff as this pandemic evolves.
Effective Monday, April 12, 2021, one visitor may accompany patients who have scheduled appointments with their physician or advanced practice provider (NP or PA.) No visitors are allowed to accompany patients coming in for laboratory or imaging, shots or infusions, with the exception of those visitors who provide essential caregiving or translation assistance.
With the decline in new COVID-19 cases and the rising number of Florida residents who have received their COVID-19 vaccines, changes to the Visitor Policy will continue to be considered and announced in a phased approach, with priority consideration given to the needs of our patients and their caregivers. We will also continue to abide by recommendations for safety and physical distancing issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other regulatory agencies.
What you need to know when you visit our FCS clinics:
If you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms such as a fever above 100.4 degrees, cough or runny nose, or if you feel short of breath, please call your primary care physician and call our office before coming for your scheduled appointment.
Use of Masks:
Everyone entering our clinic locations is asked to wear a protective face mask or face covering (homemade masks are acceptable for patients and visitors). We will provide a mask to patients and approved visitors who do not have one. Our staff members are wearing masks as well when they enter and leave our clinics.
Upon arrival, we will take your temperature. Screenings are conducted with all patients and visitors, and with each staff member at the start and end of their shift. Our clinic team is trained to respond swiftly and appropriately to anyone demonstrating symptoms of illness or potential exposure to the coronavirus.
Other ways we are working to ensure your continued care and safety:
- Our clinics and offices are being cleaned and sanitized throughout the day to reduce the risk of infection. Unnecessary items, such as magazines and newspapers, have been removed.
- We are continuing our efforts to maintain necessary inventory of supplies, masks and other protective equipment.
- Our Rx To Go Pharmacy continues to dispense medications and ensure timely delivery of oral oncolytic medications. We are continuing to provide research drugs to our patients participating in clinical trials.
- Our central laboratory, pathology laboratory and clinical research operations remain open and available to support our clinics.
- Many of our administrative employees who have been working remotely from their homes will begin returning to work in our corporate offices. Regardless of work location, all of our team members have access to everything they need to support our patients and clinics.
Telehealth Appointments Available
- Telehealth services are available to patients at all FCS sites. With a simple web link using either a computer or cell phone, patients can connect with their FCS physician or other care providers safely and securely, and without a trip to the office. also It also helps reduce the potential spread or exposure to illness.
- While telehealth is not suitable for every patient, your FCS physician or other care providers will determine whether you are a good fit, and the office will contact you to schedule your telehealth appointment and provide instructions. Telehealth visits are covered by most insurance plans; you may pay the same or possibly less than an in-office visit.
- FCS was among the first cancer care providers in Florida to make this resource so widely available to patients.
A note about COVID-19 exposure:
Despite our diligent efforts to prevent the transmission of germs, there will be continued spread of COVID-19 in the weeks and months ahead. No one is immune. Our stringent screening protocols at all FCS locations have been effective.
Thank you for your cooperation, patience and support!
The health and well-being of our patients and staff remain our top priority. Our FCS executive and physician leadership teams are constantly monitoring and updating our activities in response to this unprecedented situation. We are confident in our ability to continue to serve our patients and communities with world-class care, close to home.
As always, we thank you for entrusting your care to FCS.