Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Job Search
Join Our Team
Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute (FCS) has built a national reputation for excellence that is reflected in exceptional and compassionate patient care. We are at the forefront of innovative clinical research, enabling us to offer the most advanced treatments and cutting-edge technologies for all forms of cancers and blood disorders.
At nearly 100 locations throughout Florida, our team of more than 250 physicians, 220 advanced practice providers and nearly 4,000 team members share a commitment to ensuring that patients have access to world-class cancer care, close to home, with the support they need at every step of their cancer journey.
At FCS, we believe the diversity, talent, skill and expertise of our people are our greatest assets, and we strive to provide a workplace where team members can thrive and grow.
FCS is committed to helping individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at FCS, please email FCS Recruitment (Recruiter@FLCancer.com) for further assistance.
FCS is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Benefits at a Glance
Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Short Term/Long Term Disability
Retirement Savings Plan 401(k)/Employer Match
Employee Discount Programs
Legal Plan (coming soon)
Identity Theft (coming soon)
Pet Insurance (coming soon)
The Employee Tuition Assistance Program (ETAP)
The Employee Tuition Assistance Program (ETAP) is a way for Florida Cancer Specialists (FCS) to invest in our employees’ future career growth by providing tuition assistance to further their knowledge, skills and job effectiveness through higher education. Tuition Assistance for eligible employees of up to $10,000 per calendar year which may be excluded from tax under IRC Section 127.
Full-Time Regular Active Employee
- $10,000 per calendar year for full-time regular active employee
Part-Time Regular Active Employee
- $5,000 per calendar year for part-time regular active employee
- Degree Program – A degree program is an undergraduate or graduate program offered by an accredited institution.
- Non-Degree College Credit Course – A non-degree college credit course is a course offered by a college or university that an employee takes on an individual or stand-alone basis, not as part of a specific degree program.
- Preparatory Courses / Certification Programs – a preparatory course or certification program is a course that has been identified by the organization for an employee to prepare for professional certification exams in obtaining a credential or certification.
All ETAP programs and courses are subject to approval. The program will reimburse the cost of tuition (per credit hour or per course) and required textbooks.
Our values form the foundation of how we perform work and conduct ourselves with each other and our patients. In an ever-changing world, our values are constant and guide us every day in everything we do. At all times, our promise – our PACT – is centered around those who entrust their care to us.
This is our PACT:
- Patient First keeping the patient at the center of everything we do
- Accountability taking responsibility for our actions
- Commitment & Care upholding FCS vision through every action
- Teamworking together, one team, one mission
Medical Assistants are vital members of the FCS team. Their role is to directly assist physicians, nurses and other professionals with various patient care responsibilities.
Some of the daily responsibilities of a Clinical Medical Assistant may include:
- Assisting doctors in physical exams and minor surgeries
- Taking patients’ vital signs, height and weight measurements
- Dressing wounds and administering medications
- Sterilizing medical instruments and preparing examination rooms
- Performing EKGs and phlebotomy procedures
- Other clinical procedures as required by the medical facility
- A thorough understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, medical law and ethics and HIPAA regulations is required
RNs assist physicians in the care and teaching of patients. These caring professionals have one of the most challenging and rewarding jobs in our field. Nurses have the opportunity to empower our patients and their families with knowledge and the ability to bring understanding and peace during what can be a confusing or challenging time. Nurses are often the first point of contact for patients. Doctors rely heavily on nurses for crucial information about each patient, and their experience and medical knowledge provides the basis of diagnoses and subsequent treatments.
In each clinic, our Head Nurse leads the nursing and auxiliary staff in providing holistic, high-quality, safe, reliable and efficient care. Our patients truly respect and appreciate our personal approach.
Patient Financial Navigators
Financial Counselors navigate patients through their treatment journey assisting with insurance related and financial questions. They provide insurance and benefit verification, obtain authorizations, review payer-specific coverage determinations, investigate financial assistance options and are a dedicated point of contact for each patient.
Our laboratory is a CAP accredited, state-of-the-art facility staffed with highly specialized clinical scientists, pathologists and administrative staff to serve the needs of our practice.
The FCS lab is equipped to provide both technical and professional evaluations of several specimens and laboratory technologies, primarily comprehensive hematopathology. This includes routine clinical lab testing, histology, immunohistochemistry (IHC), in situ hybridization (ISH), flow cytometry, cytogenetics, fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) and Next Generation Sequencing molecular testing.