Liliana Bustamante, MD
After earning her medical degree from University of Florida, College of Medicine in Gainesville, FL, Dr. Liliana Bustamante completed her internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, NC. In 2014, she was awarded a Fellowship in Hematology/Oncology at the University of South Florida / Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL.
A native Spanish speaker, Dr. Bustamante has a keen interest in clinical research and has presented at various medical meetings, including the 2015 International Society of Geriatric Oncology’s Annual Conference in Prague and the Annual Scientific Session of the North Carolina Chapter of the American College of Physicians. Dr. Bustamante has also written several book chapters and has been published in several peer-reviewed journals.
Throughout her career, Dr. Bustamante has volunteered in her local community and beyond, including serving as a leader for Medical missions in Ecuador and helping co-found a non-profit organization serving children in her native country of Colombia. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, spending time with her family and watching the Florida Gators!
- University of Florida – Gainesville, FL
- Undergraduate School – University of Florida – Gainesville, FL
Oncology/Hematology – University of South Florida / Moffitt Cancer Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Honors & Achievements
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, UF 2010
- NEY Award | Internal Medicine Program, UNC 2014
- Bryan Award | Internal Medicine Program, UNC 2013
- Ontjes Award |Internal Medicine Program, UNC 2012
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American College of Physicians