Rafael W. Blanco, MD
Rafael W. Blanco, MD says that the ongoing advances in science and, in particular, genomic profiling continue to make a positive difference for cancer patients, providing the ability to cure many diseases and malignancies that were once incurable.
Dr. Blanco has extensive experience as a sub-investigator in Phase II clinical trials research. His work has been published in numerous professional journals, including Blood, the Journal of the American Medical Association and the American Journal of Clinical Oncology, and presented at industry conferences.
A graduate of Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana, Dr. Blanco completed residency training in Internal Medicine and a fellowship in Medical Oncology/Hematology at the University of South Florida in Tampa. He is Board-certified in Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine.
He joined Florida Cancer Specialists in 2009, and also serves as Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of South Florida College of Medicine.
- Medical Oncology
- Tulane University – New Orleans, LA
- St. Petersburg College – St. Petersburg, FL
- University of South Florida – Tampa, FL
- University of South Florida Affiliated Hospitals
- Oncology/Hematology – University of South Florida Affiliated Hospitals
- Diplomat, American Board of Medical Examiners
- Diplomat, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomat, Medical Oncology Subspecialty Board
Honors & Achievements
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Medical Society
- Recipient of The David M. Schwartz Award at Tulane
- Recipient of the The H. L. Marcus Memorial Award at Tampa General Hospital