Joel S. Grossman, MD
A Naples practicing medical oncologist and hematologist since 1999, Dr. Joel Grossman graduated from Duke University and medical school at Wake Forest University, completed his residency at University of Alabama Hospitals in Birmingham, and his fellowship in hematology and oncology at Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation in La Jolla, CA.
Dr. Grossman serves as the Division Chief of Oncology and Hematology for the NCH Healthcare system (2012-present) and chairs the FCS Compensation Committee. He served two terms on the Florida Cancer Specialists Executive Board, ending in 2021. He serves on the Board of the Winged Foot Scholarship Committee and previously served on the Board of the Cancer Alliance of Naples.
His most recent publications were in the Journal of Clinical Oncology in 2015 and in Clinical Genitourinary Cancer in 2017. He has managed several youth baseball teams over the years, each sponsored by FCS, including the 2021 Naples Cal Ripken Babe Ruth Orioles, who finished in 3rd place, the 2018 Minor A Orioles, who finished 2nd place, and the 2016 Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Direwolves, who won the Minors Championship after finishing in last place in the regular season.
- Medical Oncologist
- Wake Forest University/Bowman Gray School of Medicine
- University of Alabama Hospitals, Birmingham, AL
- Oncology/Hematology: Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation – La Jolla, CA
- Medical Oncology
Honors & Achievements
- Smartest Oncologist in America Competition: Three-time Florida State Champion, National Runner-Up 2008
- Foothill Men’s Senior Baseball League, Batting Champion American Division 2001
- Guest Commentaries in The Santa Barbara News Press, Manatee Morning Herald & Naples Daily News