Hafeez T. Chatoor, MD
Dr. Hafeez Chatoor became intrigued with oncology and hematology early on in his medical training. Rapid advancements continue to transform how cancer is treated, and Dr. Chatoor finds great joy in keeping up with the latest research and being able to treat his patients with the newest and most advanced treatment options. He places great importance on treating patients based on their individual cancer and genetic makeup.
Dr. Chatoor has extensive experience in the diagnosis and treatment of solid tumors and blood disorders. He is actively involved with clinical trials, which offer patients a head start on receiving the newest treatments available. As knowledge of immunotherapy and targeted therapy continues to evolve, he is optimistic that it will completely transform how cancer is treated and more readily cured.
Dr. Chatoor received his medical degree from Dow Medical College in Karachi, Pakistan and completed his internship in medicine and surgery at Civil Hospital in Karachi.
He completed residency training in internal medicine at Interfaith Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York and at Wilson Memorial Hospital in Johnson City, New York. He pursued and completed a fellowship in hematology and oncology at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Board-certified in medical oncology and hematology, Dr. Chatoor continuously enhances his exceptional expertise by participating in the maintenance of certification (MOC) process as well as continued medical education.
Prior to joining Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute in 2011, Dr. Chatoor had been in private practice in the Tampa Bay area since 1996.
- D. J. Science College – Karachi, Pakistan
- Dow Medical College – Karachi, Pakistan
- Civil Hospital – Karachi, Pakistan
- Interfaith Medical Center – Brooklyn, NY
- Wilson Memorial Hospital – Johnson City, NY
- University of Miami – Miami, FL
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
Past Leadership Positions
- Chief of Staff – Memorial Hospital
- Chief of Medicine – Memorial Hospital
- Member of Board of Trustees – Memorial Hospital