Fadi Kayali, MD
Board-certified in Medical Oncology, Hematology, Hospice & Palliative Medicine and Internal Medicine, Dr. Kayali treats all forms of cancer and blood disorders. He has been actively involved in clinical research throughout his career, serving as principal investigator on multiple clinical trials with a focus on breast, lung and gastrointestinal cancers. His work has been published in several peer-reviewed publications and presented at professional symposiums.
Dr. Kayali says he was drawn to the profession of oncology because of the opportunity to develop close relationships and provide hope to his patients. He joined Florida Cancer Specialists in 2012.
Among his hospital affiliations, Dr. Kayali serves as a member of the multidisciplinary specialty team of the Jellison Cancer Institute at Sarasota Memorial Hospital, providing treatment for a broad range of cancers. He also serves as a member of the Hospital’s Blood Committee.
Dr. Kayali received his Doctor of Medicine degree from St. Petersburg I.P. Pavlov Medical State University in St. Petersburg, Russia. He served as a research fellow and completed Internal Medicine residency training at St. Joseph Oakland Hospital in Pontiac, Michigan. He completed a fellowship in Hematology/Oncology and served as chief fellow at the James Graham Brown Cancer Center of the University of Louisville School of Medicine in Louisville, Kentucky.
In his free time, Dr. Kayali enjoys tennis, traveling, kayaking and snorkeling. He is fluent in English, Arabic and Russian.
- Hospice & Palliative Care
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- St. Petersburg I.P. Pavlov Medical State University – Saint Petersburg, Russia
- St. Joseph Oakland Hospital – Pontiac, MI
- University of Louisville – Louisville, KY
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Hematology
- International Association of the Oncologist
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- American Medical Association (AMA)