Todd A. Gersten, MD
Todd Gersten, MD views himself as a navigator, guiding patients through the many options and decisions they encounter during their cancer journey. “Each patient’s cancer is as unique as the person themselves,” he says, and, thanks to ongoing advancements in cancer therapies, he is able to truly individualize treatment for each patient. He finds it especially rewarding to see increasing numbers of cancer survivors living longer than ever while enjoying the special moments in life.
Dr. Gersten received his medical degree from the University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey – Rutgers/Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. He completed residency training at Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis and a fellowship in Oncology/Hematology at H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute in Tampa, FL.
Board-certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology, he is actively involved in clinical research at Florida Cancer Specialists, with a special interest in solving diagnostic dilemmas and the use of novel therapeutics.
Dr. Gersten is a third-generation physician. His brother is also a medical oncologist/hematologist. He enjoys hiking challenging terrain, kayaking and collecting vintage comic books.
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Indiana University School of Medicine – Indianapolis, IN
- Oncology/Hematology: H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute – Tampa, FL
- Medical Oncology
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Scientific Board, Israel Cancer Association USA