Syed F. Zafar, MD
Since Dr. Zafar’s early training he has been academically very active, conducting high quality research studies, with focus on gastrointestinal malignancies. He has been an institutional principal investigator for numerous translational and clinical research projects in gastrointestinal cancers. Dr.Zafar has published several scientific papers, abstracts and book chapters in peer- reviewed journals such as American Journal of Clinical Oncology, Journal of Geriatric Oncology and Nutrition Reviews. He has served as a principal investigator for numerous translational and clinical research projects at Emory University. He has presented his work nationally in various meetings and conferences.
- Detroit Medical Center- Wayne State University – Detroit, MI
- Detroit Medical Center- Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
Emory University-Winship Cancer Institute, Atlanta, GA
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
Honors & Achievements
- Recipient Elkin Scholarship Grant at Emory University
- Gold Humanism and Excellence in Teaching, 2008- Award received on behalf of Wayne State University and Arnold P. Gold Humanism Society
- Chief, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Lee Health
- Board Member-NAPBC-Breast Program Leadership Committee at Regional Cancer Center
- Member- Cancer Committee- Regional Cancer Center
- Board Member- IPALC (Independent Physicians Association of Lee County) Secretary Leadership Board.
- Chairman, Department of Medicine, Gulf Coast Hospital