Sireesha Datla, MD
Dr. Datla is dedicated to delivering personalized, comprehensive, and compassionate care to each patient. She gives utmost importance to educating patients and inform them of all possible options of treatments available to date, so they better understand their current clinical condition and can choose treatments best suited for them. She makes herself available to her patients throughout the care process and considers them as family. She is committed and ensures that patients receive the highest quality and value-based care.
After receiving her medical degree from Rangaraya Medical College, India, Dr. Datla completed Internal Medicine residency training at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in Queens, NY. She was awarded fellowships in Transfusion Medicine and Blood Banking through a combined program at American Red Cross, Cleveland Clinic foundation, Case Western University Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio, and in Sickle cell disease and Hematology and Oncology at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Prior to joining Florida Cancer Specialists in 2023, Dr. Datla held position as Clinical Associate at Duke University Cancer Network, North Carolina and Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center, Phoenix Arizona. She has extensive experience is treating all types and wide variety of Cancer and blood disorders including but not limiting to breast, lung, colorectal cancers, hematological malignancies. She does have special interest in these fields.
She advocates her patients to have access to the new drugs and treatments through clinical trials. Dr. Datla has co-authored several articles and abstracts that have been published in Blood and other Journals.
- Rangaraya Medical College/NTR University of Medical Sciences, India
- Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, Queens, NY
- Sickle Cell Disease: State University of New York Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, New York
- Transfusion Medicine/Blood Banking: Case Western University Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio
- Hematology and Oncology: State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Journal of Clinical Oncology
- New England Journal of Medicine