Ramana Dutt, MD
Dr. Ramana Dutt describes the many new treatment options now available to cancer patients as “truly amazing.” Even patients with cancers that were once incurable are now living life to the fullest. Dr. Dutt finds great joy in his patients, who, despite sometimes difficult circumstances, always look on the bright side.
Board-certified in Medical Oncology, Dr. Dutt joined Florida Cancer Specialists in 2013. Dr. Dutt received his medical degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan. He completed Internal Medicine residency training at Shands Medical Center in Gainesville, Florida and a fellowship in Oncology/Hematology at H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida.
For more than 20 years, Dr. Dutt has participated in numerous studies involving solid tumors, hematology tumors, growth factors, bone metastases, pain, monoclonal antibodies and more, serving as a sub-investigator and principal investigator.
Dr. Dutt enjoys spending time with his wife, daughter, son and the family dogs. He also enjoys working with children and spends many after work hours coaching football, basketball and other sports.
- Medical Oncology
- Wayne State University of Medicine, Detroit, MI
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Shands Medical Center, Gainesville, FL
- Gainesville Medical, Veterans Affairs, Gainesville, FL
- Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL
- James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital, Veterans Affairs, Tampa, FL
- Medical Oncology
Honors & Achievements
- Best Medical Instructor During Residency
- Clinical Honors, Internal Medicine Clerkship Year
- Student American Medical Association National
- Recruitment Award, AMA-MSS
- College Honors Program – 1985 to 1988
- Class Honors/General Honors Award – 1987
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- Phi Delta Epsilon Medical Fraternity