Meera Iyengar, MD
Dr. Iyengar joined Florida Cancer Specialists after completing her fellowship in hematology and medical oncology at the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine and is eligible for board certification in medical oncology/hematology.
For the past ten years, Dr. Iyengar has been active in clinical research. She has held various research positions, and her work has been published in such prestigious journals as the International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, Journal of Surgical Research and the Journal of Pediatric Surgery. Dr. Iyengar has also presented on both targeted therapies in lung cancer and Kaposi’s sarcoma. She is a past recipient of the University of Florida College of Medicine Creativity Award & Scholarship and the Society of Rhode Island Clinical Oncologists Fellows Oncology Grant.
Fluent in four languages (Spanish, Kannada, Tamil and English), Dr. Iyengar is also passionate about volunteering, cooking, Indian classical singing and dance, theater and travel.
- University of Florida College of Medicine – Gainesville, FL
- University of Texas at Southwestern Medical Center
- The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Honors & Achievements
- 2016 Woman of the Year
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology