Margarett Ellison, MD
Margarett Ellison, MD has more than 20 years of specialized expertise in the treatment of gynecologic oncology, with a focus on minimally invasive management of gynecologic malignancies, radical pelvic surgery, robotic surgery, and hospice and palliative medicine.
She provides the most advanced and promising new technologies for all forms of gynecologic cancers, including chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, advanced laparoscopy and pelvic reconstruction.
Dr. Ellison was recently selected as one of nine National GYN Oncology Observation Sites* in the U.S. providing advanced clinic training for surgeons who perform minimally invasive gynecologic procedures using the da Vinci ® robotic-assisted surgical system. She was selected based on her extensive experience, and for meeting and exceeding best in class clinical outcomes. Many technically challenging surgical procedures are performed in a very minimally invasive way, and patients experience less pain, minimal scarring, faster recovery time and lower risk of infection and other side effects.
Board-certified in Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics, Gynecology and Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Dr. Ellison earned her medical degree from Mercer University School of Medicine in Macon, GA. After completing her residency in obstetrics and gynecology, she was awarded a gynecologic oncology fellowship at Brown University / Women & Infants Hospital in Providence, RI. Dr. Ellison also holds a Master of Healthcare Administration from the University of Phoenix.
Dedicated to clinical research, she has been published in several peer-reviewed journals, such as the New England Journal of Medicine.
Prior to beginning private practice, Dr. Ellison completed U.S. Army Officer basic training and served from 2001 until 2003 as Assistant Chief, Division of Gynecologic Oncology at Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX and, from January to June 2003, she served as a general surgeon for the 10th Combat Support Hospital in Operation Iraqi Freedom. In 2006, Dr. Ellison was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, USAR.
- Mercer University School of Medicine Macon, GA
- University of Alabama Birmingham, AL
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Brown University and Women & Infants Hospital Providence, RI
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Society of Gynecologic Oncologists
- American Association of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Areas of Specialty
- Gynecologic Oncology (Uterine, Ovarian, Cervical, Vaginal, Vulvar)
- Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery
- Chemotherapy for GYN Malignancies