Margarett Ellison, MD
Dr. Ellison earned her medical degree from Mercer University School of Medicine in Macon, GA. After completing her residency in obstetrics and gynecology, she was awarded a gynecologic oncology fellowship at Brown University / Women & Infants Hospital in Providence, RI. Dr. Ellison also holds a Master of Healthcare Administration from the University of Phoenix.
Prior to beginning private practice, Dr. Ellison completed U.S. Army Officer basic training and served from 2001 until 2003 as Assistant Chief, Division of Gynecologic Oncology at Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX and, from January to June 2003, she served as a general surgeon for the 10th Combat Support Hospital in Operation Iraqi Freedom. In 2006, Dr. Ellison was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, USAR.
Dedicated to clinical research, she has been published in several peer-reviewed journals, such as the New England Journal of Medicine. Her professional interests include minimally invasive management of gynecologic malignancies, radical pelvic surgery, robotic surgery for benign and malignant gynecologic surgery, hospice and palliative medicine.
What inspired Dr. Ellison to specialize in gynecologic oncology
Benefits of clinical trials and recent advancements in cancer treatment
Tips for coping with a cancer diagnosis
Tips for healthy survivorship
Florida Cancer Specialists – Treatment and Side Effects
This video provides an over view of common treatments for cancer and possible side effects.
Elena Gellepis Patient Testimonial
Ovarian Cancer: Know the Facts
Ovarian cancer grows rapidly. It can change from early to advanced stages quickly. Knowing the symptoms and understanding how to care for yourself is crucial. Click below for an informative webinar created by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Listen to the entire program or click the links for answers to questions you may have.
- Mercer University School of Medicine Macon, GA
- University of Alabama Birmingham, AL
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Brown University and Women & Infants Hospital Providence, RI
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Society of Gynecologic Oncologists
- American Association of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Gynecologic Oncology (Uterine, Ovarian, Cervical, Vaginal, Vulvar)
- Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery
- Chemotherapy for GYN Malignancies