Hafeez T. Chatoor, MD
Dr. Hafeez Chatoor became intrigued with oncology medicine early on in his medical training. Rapid advancements continue to transform how cancer is treated, and Dr. Chatoor finds great joy in being able to help his patients get better and live longer. He places great importance on treating patients based on their individual cancer and genetic makeup.
Dr. Chatoor is actively involved with clinical trials, which offer patients a head start on receiving the newest treatments available. As knowledge of immunotherapy continues to evolve, he is optimistic that it will completely transform how cancer is treated.
Board-certified in Medical Oncology and Hematology, Dr. Chatoor received his medical degree from Dow Medical College in Karachi, Pakistan and completed his internship in Medicine & Surgery at Civil Hospital in Karachi. He completed residency training in Internal Medicine at Interfaith Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York and in Medicine and Surgery at Wilson Memorial Hospital in Johnson City, New York. He completed a fellowship in Hematology and Oncology at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida.
Prior to joining Florida Cancer Specialists in 2011, Dr. Chatoor had been in private practice in the Tampa Bay area since 1996.
- D. J. Science College – Karachi, Pakistan
- Dow Medical College – Karachi, Pakistan
- Civil Hospital – Karachi, Pakistan
- Interfaith Medical Center – Brooklyn, NY
- Wilson Memorial Hospital – Johnson City, NY
- University of Miami – Miami, FL
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
Past Leadership Positions
- Chief of Staff – Memorial Hospital
- Chief of Medicine – Memorial Hospital
- Member of Board of Trustees – Memorial Hospital