Geetha Akula, MD
Dr. Akula treats patients with a broad range of oncologic and hematologic diseases, with a special focus on multiple myeloma, colon, lung and breast cancers. She has a keen interest in clinical research, and has participated in several retrospective and prospective studies, and given numerous presentations at both regional and national oncology/hematology conferences.
After earning her medical degree from Gandhi Medical College in Hyderabad, India, she completed her internship and residency at Cabrini Medical Center in New York, N.Y. Dr. Akula completed a fellowship in hematology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Yeshiva University in Bronx, N.Y. as well as a fellowship in neoplastic diseases at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine of City University of New York.
She is Board-certified in internal medicine, hematology, oncology and hospice palliative care.
In her personal time, Dr. Akula enjoys traveling and spending time with her husband, who is a pulmonologist, and their two children. She is fluent in two languages.
- Medical Oncologist
- Gandhi Medical College – Hyderabad – India
- Cabrini Medical Center – New York – NY
- Hematology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Yeshiva University – Bronx, NY
- Neoplastic Diseases – Mt. Sinai School of Medicine of City University of New York – New York, NY
- Medical Oncology
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
- Florida Hospital Orlando
- Florida Hospital East Orlando
- Orlando Regional Medical Center
- Winter Park Memorial Hospital