Elizabeth Guancial, MD
Dr. Guancial is an Oncologist and Hematologist for Florida Cancer Specialists and Research Institute in Sarasota County. She is board-certified in internal medicine, medical oncology/hematology and has special interests in cancers of the bladder, kidney, testicle, and prostate. Dr. Guancial earned her medical degree from the Harvard School of Medicine (Boston, MA) and completed her Internal Medicine Residency at the Massachusetts General Hospital. After her residency, Dr. Guancial was awarded a Fellowship in Hematology/Oncology at the world-renown Dana Farber Cancer Institute, located in Boston, MA.
In addition to her academic achievements, Dr. Guancial received research grants from the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network, University of Rochester Medical Center and the New York State Empire Clinical Research Investigator Program. As a cancer researcher, Dr. Elizabeth Guancial is actively engaged in clinical studies, has been published in several peer-reviewed journals and previously served as a peer reviewer for the European Oncology & Hematology Journal and the British Journal of Urology.
- Medical Oncology
- Harvard Medical School | Boston, MA
- Internal Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital | Boston, MA
- Hematology/Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute | Boston, MA
Honors & Achievements
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital Chief Resident, named as one of five Chief Residents | 2008-2009
- Mort Schwartz Humanism in Medicine Award | 2009
- Best Resident and Fellows at Harvard Medical School |2009-2010
- Hematology-Oncology Fellowship Teaching Award Program, University of Rochester | 2015 & 2016
- Excellence of Interdisciplinary Collaboration Award, Wilmot
- Cancer Institute | 2016
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)