Egberto J. Zayas, MD
Dr. Egberto Zayas believes it was his calling to become an oncologist. He values the strong relationships he develops with his patients and the trust they place in him. Always fascinated by genetics, Dr. Zayas is enthusiastic about the continued development of targeted therapies that are often yielding long-term positive responses for patients.
Board-certified in Medical Oncology and Hematology, Dr. Zayas received his medical degree from Universidad Central del Este in San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Republic, and completed Internal Medicine residency training at Ponce Regional Hospital in Ponce, Puerto Rico. He completed fellowships in Hematology and Oncology at the University of South Florida H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida and then began treating patients with cancer and blood disorders. He joined Florida Cancer Specialists in 2010.
Dr. Zayas is a member of several professional societies and an active participant in various community events. In his leisure time, he enjoys traveling and learning about different cultures around the world; he is an avid supporter of global friendships and respect for diversity. He also participates in tennis, surfing, basketball and other sports, as well as less physical pursuits such as reading, visiting museums and enjoying nature and the outdoors.
- Universidad Central del Este – San Pedro Macovis, Dominican Republic
- Ponce Regional Hospital – Ponce, Puerto Rico
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center – Tampa, FL
- Medical Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- American Cancer Society – Relay for Life
- American Cancer Society Former Vice President – Citrus County, FL
- Ponce Regional Hospital Americo Cerra Conference – Pulmonary Agenesis and Congenital Stenosis
- American Society of Hematology; Blood – Metastatic Seminoma Accompanying Aquired Immune Deficiency