Christopher McCann, D.O.
Board-certified gynecologic oncologist Christopher McCann, DO specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of patients with ovarian, endometrial and cervical cancer, with a focus on the use of minimally invasive techniques.
He has presented his research on innovations in Gynecologic Oncology Robotics and Robotic Surgery and Endometrial Cancer Staging Surgery at professional symposiums, and his work has been published in several peer-reviewed publications.
Dr. McCann received his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from the University of New England and completed residency training in Obstetrics & Gynecology at Saint Francis Hospital in Hartford, CT. He was awarded the Galloway Fellowship in Gynecology Service at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York, NY and also completed a fellowship in Gynecology Oncology at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
After completing his fellowship training, Dr. McCann served as an Instructor in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology at Harvard Medical School Hospital and on the medical staff of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA and other hospitals throughout New England. He joined Florida Cancer Specialists in 2022.
- University of New England, Portland, ME
- Obstetrics & Gynecology – Saint Francis Hospital, Hartford, CT
- Gynecologic Oncology – Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Gynecologic Oncology – Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Gynecologic Oncology
Honors & Achievements
- UNECOM Leadership and Service Award
- AAGL “Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures” Award
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopy (AAGL)